Saturday, August 20, 2011

Let me just start by...

...telling each and every one of you (God knows how many fans I have that will read this...) (Fact: The only person that I KNOW will read this is my future husband, Mr. Jarrod Anderson. It's fine.) that this blog WILL NOT be kept up regularly by any means. Haha. What the heck am I doing? I kind of wish that I could see what my actual typing looked like, like with my cool background and text and text color and all that stuff that I just wasted time perfecting.

Ok here's the thing. I just spent like, 20 minutes (I limited myself) picking out text colors and background colors for this stupid blog. I would spend more time, but I'm a perfectionist so that would just get painful. Oh goodness, look! IT'S SAVING THIS THING AS A DRAFT! How neat. Well, I guess I don't really know what to say... So I'll just start talking.

Today, I spent too much time shopping for my apartment (that is on campus, and I don't wanna talk about it) trying to find deals (hi, I'm from Minnesota) at various stores around town. I did waaaaay to much math, and I'm beat. And to be honest, I'm not super excited to go back to school. I mean, there's nothing left for me here at home, but I'm not ready to face La Crosse yet, even though I'm ready for another school year. A year ago, I was sitting, probably in this exact spot, in my kitchen, on my 'puter. And here I am, once again. All alone in this too big small city.

I came to a sad realization as I sat silently on the car ride home with my mother this evening. I have thought about how this may very well be my last summer at home for the last three months, but it really hit me today. I won't live here again. My best, dearest, lovliest, trustworthiest, lovable friends probably won't live here again. We will live our lives, have our various experiences, take our greatest opportunities, and at the end of our college careers, however long they may be, we will find our odd end jobs, in Anywhere, America. (Or any other country, I guess.) I won't be able to hop in my car and drive across town, picking up a Grande Caramel Frappe and a Grande Java Chip Frappe at Starbucks along the way, to my best friends house just because we haven't seen each other in three whole days and have sooooo much to catch up on. As I approach my sophomore year of college, I can't help but wonder if I will ever find friends as special as the few from home that I chose to spend every spare moment with.

Where is my life going? What am I doing? I know what I want, absolutely. But it's going to be one hell of a journey to get there. That's about how I feel. Sorry that got a little sappy. Whatever. Here's a funny story though.

Setting: Granite City with my parents for dinner. So we're just sitting there, and in walk four people, two men and two women. Clearly a married couple and a set of one of their parents. The chick, daughter in law, wife, whatever had painted on eyebrows. They were so bad. I tweeted about them too. I may or may not have nightmares about these eyebrows....ugh. So gross. And then, like a half an hour after they sat down, THAT'S when I realized that the young couple was married. I turned to my mom and I said "Oh shit! They're married! He's stuck with those eyebrows!" She looked like a cartoon character. This is getting mean. Done.

Hope this was a good first blog for everyone involved, mostly me..and Jarrod. And maybe the stuffed, yellow bear sitting to my right.

Peace out. This reminds me of xanga. Look at my life, look at my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment